Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FedEx called...

Today started off slightly out of the ordinary.

Following some unusual traffic over the scanner, I rushed over to the Bank of America in Springdale to find the SPD Bomb Squad checking a suspicious FedEx package left outside the door prior to opening. After x-rays by the Bomb Squad, it was determined that the contents were deemed suspicious. So of course the only way to discern the situation completely is to blow it up. And of course that's fine by me as I wasn't expecting a FedEx delivery and I didn't have to pay to replace the windows by the door.

If your curiosity is stricken on the third frame, a Bentonville officer brought his bomb-sniffing K-9 to make sweep inside the bank following the detonation. And he had to carry his dog in and out over the broken glass. On a side note, I still wonder what a bomb smells like.

For those wondering, the package supposedly contained a cell phone and two metal pipes but was deemed a fake bomb.

And the day finished with UA football practice at the stadium.







7 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

Looks like someone's going to ordering another shipment of green goo. :)

Nice shot.

Cameron Magee said...

killer action shot.

"I push a button for a living."

I bet you push it pretty hard at the jump of a bomb going off. yeah baby.

sweeeeet story.

dan hale said...

That's great that Springdale finally got to use that multi-million dollar bomb robot. Really nice shot, too!

Ben Bipes said...

can't that robot "smell" bombs?

sweet shots

Anthony said...

Great shots Jason. I enjoyed your photos in the paper and online, but I was saddened to see it get such little play in the paper. It ran bottom of the Northwest Section. The investigation held up traffic on a very busy road for five hours, it was suspicious, was blown up and I think it should have led that section. Just my opinion.

Z-Man said...

Wow great photos... They look very similar to mine!
:)

Marc F. Henning said...

yeah. did they tie you guys together at the scene or did ya'll just share the same camera?