Friday, June 27, 2008

Another early day

Had to start out early today for some UA football workouts. Let me just say, 7 a.m. is too damned early to be working out and even more too damned early for me to be up shooting it.

Afterward, I headed up to War Eagle for their 100-year celebration of the War Eagle Bridge.

And finally, I ended my day at the Broyles Center at UA for the announcement of a new men's cross country and track and field coach. For those of you reading this that aren't from around here, I should explain the news value here. Head coach John McDonnell retired at the end of this past season. During his 36-season tenure, his teams won 42 national championships and 83 conference championships in track and field and cross country. I don't know a lot about sports, but I'd say that's lingering on the side of a dynasty.



3 comments:

Mark Buffalo said...

Coach McDonnell doesn't look too happy in that one photo!

Mark

Andy Shupe said...

Do you think he's just blinking or is he thinking about whacking the new guy with his rolled-up press release?

Ben Bipes said...

Any reason they train white, black, white, black, etc?

Does it force some sort of "team" bonding on the guys?