Friday, June 5, 2009

The Church of Walton

Shareholders week culminated today with the annual Shareholders' Meeting at Bud Walton Arena.

The Wal-martians were entertained by actor Ben Stiller (as the host), American Idol winner Kris Allen, singer Miley Cyrus, singer Paulina Rubio, singer Smokey Robinson and basketball great Michael Jordan. And KISS member Gene Simmons (and the other guy, Paul Stanley) were there in the audience as well. I broke down and Beth Hall, April Brown and I had our picture taken with him (last frame).

Overall, it was a great show. A couple notes, however: Ben Stiller was funny as usual. Kris Allen performed seamlessly. Miley Cyrus had troubles singing the live performance ("A little pitchy, dog"). And Smokey Robinson brings zero entertainment value to a live performance.

But, for me, the funniest moment of the entire show (first frame posted) was Ben Stiller, Kris Allen and Tom Schoewe, Wal-Mart Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, attempting the "Blue Steel" pose from Stiller's very underrated film "Zoolander."












5 comments:

Ben Bipes said...

That makes me jealous sitting in my office - looks like a fun time!

Brooke McNeely said...

I think there should be an age limit on silver jump suits. Wait! There just should be a law against silver jumpsuits!

See you next year? :)

ivester said...

Ben, I didn't know you were such a big Miley Cyrus fan.

Brooke, I did not enjoy seeing Smokey's "Robinson" in those pants.

Andy Shupe said...

I was going to write something about the meeting and your photos, but the word verification that I have to type is 'mindmope' and that distracted me.

Ben Bipes said...

Hmmm...yeah Jase, something like that.