Monday, December 1, 2008

We Getted Some Snow

So this is now my second (upcoming) winter here in AR-Kansas and already I've seen a higher frequency of snow than I'm used to. But it's great. I love the snow. As long as the morons that don't know how to drive in it stay at home or walk.

Of course, we didn't get more than a light dusting from the first snow of the season and it melted away before the afternoon sun took its effect. But that's not the point. The point is we got to see some snow and that means we (photographers) better be shooting something in said snow.

So instead of coming straight to the office this morning, I just set out to find something. Anything. And I found nothing more than these Canada geese scavenging through the light layer at Murphy Park in Springdale.

But needless to say, I really needed people. So I decided to head down to the campus to see if I could spot some students playing in it. I wasn't on campus more than five minutes before finding three freshmen involved in a snowball fight. I love it when a plan comes together (-Hannibal, "The A Team").

And finally, I had to return to campus later in the afternoon for a VERY quick shoot at their annual Sustainability Competition. It started just before 4pm and I needed to have my art over by 4:15pm. Mission accomplished.




1 comment:

Andy Shupe said...

Good snow stuff, man.