Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fantasy Fishing?!

As the title suggests, yes, there is now Fantasy Fishing.

I spent most of the day at the John Q. Hammons Center in Rogers for the FLW Outdoors Tour Wal-Mart Open fishing tournament (and the extravaganza provided by).

Before the final weigh-in, they had the Family Fun Zone outside and in with multiple activities and booths set up by various vendors. So I made some wild art out there as shown by the first two frames in this post.

Afterwards, came the NASCAR-style display for the final weigh-in of the top 10 anglers in the tournament. The first-place prize was a $200,000 payout to Mark Pack of Mineola, Texas (last frame). Third place went to Greg Bohannan, the local boy out of Rogers (next to last frame). And I threw in the fifth-place finisher, Matt Arey, just for nostalgic reasons. He's from my hometown of Shelby, N.C.

All in all, I'd say I had fun covering this as it was my first time seeing something like this in person. It's a pretty elaborate production and it'll air on FSN on July 13 and 20, I believe.





3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

you poor bastard. :-)

nice photos man.

Ben Bipes said...

You have a line. "She's a fish, and she's a beauty. She's a beauty fish. Fish is a beauty fish." Hey, man, you want some water?

ivester said...

I'm watching fishing on TV. I'm too lazy to fish. I'm TAPING fishing..to watch again later. Hey, come over! I've got a fishing tape. NOOO! A NEW ONE!