Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's Beakman's World...

...the rest of us are just trying to find our place.

I started off the day with a baseball portrait. Chase Leavitt is the lead-off batter for the Hogs and he's a really cool kid. He's got a great personality and was easy to shoot. Unfortunately, the rain forced us under some cover so I had to go with the old "top of the seats" shot. I had a much better idea in mind but I guess I'll have to save that one for a latter portrait.

Afterwards, I had a little down time and I knew we needed some wild art, so in my driving around Fayetteville, I saw a BUNCH of school buses outside the Walton Arts Center so I went on in to check it out. Turns out there were about 1000 local students there to see "Beakman Live!" Apparently, "Beakman's World" is a popular kid's television show and the star, Paul Zaloom was performing a live show. I have to admit, this guy was actually a good entertainer. I equated him to a funnier modern Mr. Wizard.

And lastly, I had to cover a Bobby Petrino (UA football head coach) press conference. There's pretty much never anything interesting in press conferences. Today was no different.



1 comment:

Ben Bipes said...

Cool shots at the Beakman show!