Friday, May 2, 2008

Soccer * 3

Today was a fun one.

I started out the day at Campus Day 2008 at UA. Essentially hundreds of local middle/junior high and high school kids were treated to a show at the Greek Theatre on the UA campus.

Afterwards, I had not one, not two but three HS state championships in soccer. I was a little lost at first as I haven't shot soccer in over a year. But I found my groove, luckily. And I'll never complain about shooting soccer. Being a soccer fan and player all my life, I really can't get enough of the sport. Of course the first game went through two sudden-death overtime periods and was settled in penalty kicks.

The only unfortunate part of the games was the lack of internet at the stadium. So I had to get in my car, edit and drive to nearest wireless connection after each game. Not too bad, though, as I found the UA campus wireless nearby.







3 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

When I saw the photo of the students playing with the big ball in the paper, it made me smile. That's a fun photo, Jason.

Marc F. Henning said...

dig that goalie shot.

ivester said...

Appreciate the compliments, guys!