Saturday, May 17, 2008

Softball, softball, softball and, yes, more softball

I spent over nine hours today covering four high school state championship softball games.

And through it all, I was very disappointed with the lack of emotion (first game aside) from each team. There was very little celebration or dejection from three of the four games. Now, granted, the first game DESERVED emotion as they went to an extra inning with the score tied 0-0 and one hit between the two teams. Also, on a side note, I now know what is involved in the "international tie-break" system. When the teams go into extra innings, they automatically get a runner on second. Pretty interesting.

Anywho, I'm worn out. So this is all I'm posting for the day.





7 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

good stuff. you and Sarah both nailed the jube from the first game.

Andy Shupe said...

Do they need to be taught how to dog pile? Elkins' reaction will go down as the least interesting in the history of the sport.

I love the North Little Rock girls, though. Great stuff.

ivester said...

Thanks, guys. I really like the jube shot from NLR as well. I was pretty stoked to have SOME sort of emotion outta the day.

And, yes, Andy, Elkins' "celebration" had to be the worst...post-game...ever.

Ben Bipes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ivester said...

"Jube" is short for jubilation.

Unknown said...

lol jube is short for jubilation...thats pretty funny, just that you had to explain it i mean

but yeah great stuff on here i looked at all of your posts, i really like how you get really close up for the reaction shots after the game...and i didnt know you had a blogger

ivester said...

Joel, a photog friend of mine told me several years ago, "If it ain't tight, it ain't right."

I'm PRETTY sure he was talking about photography.