Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday = Spot News Day, again

I started off the day at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Fayetteville.

Sister Helen Prejean, author of "Dead Man Walking" and an opponent of the death penalty, spoke to an audience about her experiences and reasons for opposing the death penalty.

Later, after some busy work, I took off a little early to get home to watch the end of the Indianapolis 500. RIGHT before the end, I heard a call over the scanner for a fully-involved structure fire just west of Tontitown. So I quickly headed out there to shoot. Fortunately, no one was home at the time and the neighbor who saw the blaze first was able to save two dogs from the home. Unfortunately, a third was still in the house.

The shot posted is of the homeowner and his daughter.

4 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

nice shot Jason. a clip winner for sure.

ivester said...

Thanks, man. I don't know if it's good enough to win anything, but I was happy with it.

Andy Shupe said...

GREAT shot, man. Really. Home run.

ivester said...

Home run is a good thing, right?