Thursday, January 22, 2009

Full day to end the week

My week ended with a full day of shooting.

I started off the morning at the Fayetteville solid waste and recycling center to shoot a story about their recycling program.

From there, I went over to the Washington County household hazardous waste recycling facility where they're offering free electronics drop-offs for the month of January. Normally it's $5 per item.

After that, I went over to the Fayetteville Senior Center to enterprise when I found some kids from Fayetteville HS playing on the Wii with the old folks. I'm still amazed at how that gaming console transcends the generations.

I went home for lunch after that only to be called out to a rollover MVA on I-540 right next to my apartment. Got there to find a 1966 Austin Mini. For the auto enthusiasts, you know this is a vehicle you really don't see very often, especially in the U.S.

And I finished my day with a portrait of a lady who is hosting a wine-tasting event next month at her Fayetteville home.






3 comments:

Ben Bipes said...

My brother works with a guy that has the right side drive Mini, as well. Looks like he lost an entire wheel. Any idea the cause?

Beth said...

Hey, those are my beer cans!

ivester said...

Ben, the driver claimed a truck cut him off and forced him into the median. When he hit the dip, the car flipped and sliced that front wheel off.