Thursday, January 29, 2009

ICE STORM '09: It strikes again

I know what you're thinking: Jason, you don't work on Thursdays.

Not only did our storm take away my power, but it also took away one of my days off.

I'm not really complaining. It's not like I have a tough job anywhoo. And I only worked a half day.

I went to Har-Ber High School in Springdale where the American Red Cross had converted their auxiliary gym to an emergency shelter. And I hung out with this family pictured for a while.

Oh, and on a positive note, my power has returned. Here's hoping it stays.

3 comments:

Cameron Magee said...

did you do a little PS to this to get it this cool? Is this speedlight'd? This looks fantastic, and just wondering if you worked hard on site, or worked hard in post processing.

Made it home fine. Thanks for the report. Put me, Aubrey, and both our parents to ease. :D

ivester said...

Thanks, Cam. There's no PS work on this other than basic toning and cropping. And this is all available light -- although there wasn't much of it. The lights in the auxiliary gym were not on and the only light coming in was from two window lights -- you can see one in the upper part of the frame and the other (the one lighting their faces) is in the opposite corner (behind me and to my right).

Glad you mad it back safely.

ivester said...

BTW, my exposure in there was f/2.8, 1/60th @ 1250 ISO.