Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Horns Down!

First things first, then the most important part of the day.

I started off trying to find some enterprise art and wound up at the Walton Arts Center where some munchkins were getting some last minute rehearsals before the opening performance of the traveling production of The Wizard of Oz.

Now onto the evening. I went to cover the Razorbacks men's basketball team take on the No. 7 Texas Longhorns. One week ago, the Hogs pulled off an upset win over then-No. 4 Oklahoma.

Tonight's game was a little different.

Against the Sooners, the Hogs led almost the entire game. Tonight, they maintained a small deficit to the Horns through most of the game -- until late.

The Razorbacks, picked in the pre-season to finish last in the conference have now knocked off two top-10 teams and SEC action hasn't even entered the schedule yet.

Even star football tight end, D.J. Williams (last frame posted), joined the student section in support of the hardwood Hogs.

John Pelphrey may be the best coach in college basketball right now, in my opinion. He's instilled an unbelievable sense of confidence in this young team. And they step onto the court thinking they can beat anyone.








6 comments:

Mark Buffalo said...

I love the pic of D.J. That is awesome. And I'm glad to see that you are finding out how great Bud Walton can be. I lived through it in the early 1990s when I was in band up there. Barnhill, believe it or not, was better

Cameron Magee said...

LOVE the post with the crowd (kids) going crazy. Are you on the line, or was this a timeout or something? It looks like you're right out in the action of the court?

Beth said...

next time you should really listen to us when we say that there's something just wrong about that sanchez photo.

Z-Man said...

Uuuhhh....
Way to STEAL my blog post title!

I think I posted "Horns Down!" last night right after the game, Tuesday January 6, 2009, not Wednesday January 7, 2009.

Theif!

:)

Anthony said...

I'm with Beth. There is some serious man love going on with that Sanchez/Washington photo. Great stuff though. Keep it coming....

Anonymous said...

Um, I believe it's politically correct to call it a "bromance" these days. ;)