Monday, May 4, 2009

Streak's Over

Today was definitely a day of ups and downs.

For those that don't already know, we had some cuts in both our newsrooms and some really amazing journalists were put on the streets. But enough of the Debbie Downer.

I started my day looking for some enterprise art and that took me to the Fayetteville Senior Activity Center where I hung out with some ladies playing Bridge.

Following that I went over to Wilson Park in Fayetteville to find something fun. Little did I know what kind of fun I'd find. After watching from the distance for a few minutes I realized what I was seeing was a couple of young ladies playing with their pet sheep. Yes, I said sheep. Only in AR-Kansas will you find people walking and playing with their pet sheep in a city park.

Later in the day, a streak was broken. Since moving to Arkansas I had dodged covering high school baseball. Almost 19 months later, the record halts. I had to cover the Cabot - Bryant 7A playoff game in Springdale.

After spending about four innings there, I drove about a half mile down the road to Arvest Ballpark to catch up with the Naturals in their double-header hosting their cross-state rivals, the Travelers.










No comments: