Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Early deadline

Had some baseball tonight between UA and Missouri State. That part I knew going into the game. What I didn't know was the early deadline.

The game is running long. The game starts at 6:30 and at 8:15, we're just finishing the fourth inning. I get a call from my sports editor at 8:20 asking if I'm close to sending photos. "Well, I can be," I respond. Good thing because apparently my deadline is in 10 minutes.

So I quickly rush to the press box (luckily, I was already shooting upstairs when I got the call) and edit quicker than I've ever done. I had two photos moved by 8:30 and three more by 8:40.

I'm sure somewhere, someone told me about this deadline. I'm sure I completely didn't realize it. So I'm definitely to blame here, I'm sure. Fortunately, my sports editor is an understanding guy.

Also, just wanna throw out a big thanks to Marc for letting me borrow a spare battery. For some reason, when I put my backup in, it was completely dead. I know it WAS charged as I have a system for knowing when a battery is dead and in my bag. I really can't explain this one.