Saturday, August 23, 2008

Little bit of this, little bit of that

I started off the day around 7 a.m. at Lake Atalanta for a 5K run. Now, why these people feel the urge to run for fun, I have a difficult time understanding. And why they feel the need to start so frickin' early, I'll NEVER understand.

This 5K gave me a first. When I got to Lake Atalanta for the run, I asked someone where the start/finish line was because I was having trouble finding it. And the response was, "The start line is right down that path there. And the finish line is back up at the intersection of Walnut Street and 2nd Street in Rogers." Well, holy crap. So I've got to get a shot of the runners shortly after the start and I HAVE to have shots of the male and female winners. So I put myself into position to get the shot posted here and ran to my car to drive to the finish line to shoot the winners. Luckily, it worked out with time to spare.

But there was no time to waste, because the race didn't start until 8 a.m. and I had to be at Beaver Lake at 9 a.m. for another assignment. Secchi Day involves groups going out on boats and dropping this "Secchi disk" into the water until it's just not visible and reading the depth. So Adam Wallworth (reporter) and I went out on a boat with a group to do just that. I just gotta say; I love my job; there are days like this when I realize I'm getting PAID to go out on a boat.

After we got back to shore, I saw these two kids fishing so I decided to make a quick wild art shot of them to hold for the next day.

Then it was off to the 24th annual Frisco Festival (back in downtown Rogers). I literally parked in the same spot I was in when I drove to the finish line for the 5K. Despite the threat of rain -- it rained hard for all of like 10 minutes -- I was able to pull off a quick cliche shot of kids on a ride.




3 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Looks like you had a great day, Jason. Good stuff. I like the secchi shot a lot.

Unknown said...

i really like the shot of the kids on the ride and the background is great on that shot also :D

Marc F. Henning said...

That's funny. I check out yer blog right after I update mine...that Paratrooper ride sure is popular.