Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sad day here in NWA

Well today sent shock waves through the photog folks here in NWA. A photog friend of mine got laid off from The Morning News yesterday. Out of respect, I won't mention names, but just know I'm thinking about ya, bud. And I know things will work out for you.

So onto my day. I started off with a back-to-school block party hosted by the Sam Walton College of Business on the UA campus. I never really know how to shoot these as there's so much going on and it's difficult for me to capture it in one photo. But I really liked the emotion of the girl on this ledge by a fountain at the party.

After that I went to Razorback stadium to get a shot of the end zones being painted. I waited there for over an hour for the guys to get at least a few letters done so I had something to shoot. I decided to go with a low-angle because the high-angle vertical had been done SO many times in the past.

And finally, I was back at UA football practice. Of course I shot MUCH more than what I'm posting, but out of the "love" I have for head coach Bobby Petrino and his "media policies," I thought this shot was apropos. We have a 20-minute time limit to shoot practices. And on top of that, we all received an email last week telling us what we can and cannot shoot during that allotted time (i.e., we cannot shoot the following: players rehabilitating injuries, players who suffer injuries during practice, medical areas, extra conditioning drills following practice, fights or altercations and other special circumstances requested by coaches or UA media relations).



1 comment:

Andy Shupe said...

It is a sad day indeed. Times are tough.