Friday, August 22, 2008

Run chickens! Run!

So today had an interesting turn of events.

As I'm riding around UA campus in search of some wild, I hear a call over the scanner for a Tyson Foods truck overturned on Sixth Street. So I quickly got on Sixth Street and headed west (probably only about two miles from campus).

Of course it's an interesting sight when I get there along with Tony Reyes from the NWA Times. And of course, we both shot the truck on its side with chickens running about on the street while Fayetteville PD directs traffic around the accident which covered both west-bound lanes and one east-bound lane.

Finally, Tyson workers (the same ones that had just loaded these birds onto this truck) show up to round up those bounding for their escape. And this is the frame I made from the situation.

2 comments:

Ben Bipes said...

That's some fast food.

Andy Shupe said...

You've not worked at a newspaper in Northwest Arkansas until you've covered chickens on a highway.