Monday, March 30, 2009

Hunting down some eggs

Sunday presented the annual Easter at The Club at the Fayetteville Boys & Girls Club. I know what you're saying; and, yes, I eat brownies on cold days. Or maybe you're thinking it's not quite Easter yet. Well we like to get ahead the crowds.

Monday started early when a tanker truck hauling animal fat for Tyson Foods overturned less than two miles from home. So needless to say, I got there quickly (thanks, of course, to my photo editor calling me and telling me about it). The driver (pictured in red) realized coming down the exit ramp that his brakes failed and instead of making the intended left onto U.S. 412 west, he took the truck to the right and managed to hit no one in the process. Pretty impressive driving by Santa in my opinion.

After my fun with the WONDERFUL smell of spilled animal fat, I headed to Rogers for an advance assignment (not posted). After that, it was...everyone in unison now...wild art time. So I went first over to Dave Peel Park in Bentonville to find some kids hanging around on the playground equipment.

Next stop, Rogers Activity Center. I went in to hang with some kids playing on the Nintendo Wii.






1 comment:

Marc F. Henning said...

I didn't know Santa drove a truck in the offseason? This recession is worse than I thought.