Friday, April 11, 2008

Another fun day at the park

Well, after the craziness of yesterday, today was definitely more tame.

I started out the day going to a local truck stop to get shots of some truckers filling up.

After that, I was sent up to Beaver Lake to get shots of the flood gates open at the dam. They hadn't opened the gates in like 10 years and after all the rain we've had recently, they've had 'em open several times over the past couple weeks. This is actually a sight to see. I really enjoyed shooting this. So much that I broke down and shot myself in front of it - something I RARELY do.

And then to finish off the day, it was back to my favorite ballpark. The Naturals actually picked up their first home win - and in dramatic fashion. Going into the bottom of the eighth, the Nats were down 4-3 until Kila Kaaihue (yeah, that's a fun name to type in the cutline) sent a pitch over the right field fence for a grand slam. They ended up winning 11-4. BTW, I hate the light in this stadium. The next game I shoot (and I'm sure that'll be soon) I'm really hoping for a day game.

I guess I should also explain the photo of the dog. Jake the Diamond Dog is tha shiznit. This dog is frickin' awesome. Not only did he catch frisbees in the outfield, he also fielded foul balls, served as bat boy (literally took bats back to the dugout) and delivered bottled water to the umpires between innings.

So except for the internet going down in the pressbox RIGHT before I was sending my photos, today was a lot better. In case you're wondering, I just packed up my stuff and quickly drove home to transmit. Luckily, I only live about a mile from the stadium.






1 comment:

Beth said...

Love the pict of the dog! We have a border collie that Marcus wanted to train to get the tee after kick-off at the razorback games... problem is, she's a bit neurotic and can't handle it when people clap! -beth