Friday, April 11, 2008

Searching my closet for my ark

So, I didn't post this stuff last night because I was just too tired. I'll explain.

Wednesday night, I knew I wasn't supposed to work until 1 p.m. on Thursday, so I decided to stay up late watching TV, playing PS3 and watching the storms move in. And the lightning was fun to watch, so I went out to my car, grabbed my MagicArm and mounted my camera on my balcony to shoot some lightning. I did this till about 2:30 (hey, I could sleep late, right?). So after I'm deep into my REM, I'm abruptly awoken by my work phone. I get up to look at the caller ID and it's my boss. I look at the clock and it's 6 a.m. (yes, 3.5 hours after I went to bed). I'm told that I need to get myself together, get out and start shooting some of this flooding throughout the area.

I got to see a lot of Washington County that I had not seen (mostly near the White River). I think I'll go back sometime and see the area when it's not so covered in chocolate-colored rushing rapids.

And finally, the Naturals opened their first-ever home game. They lost 7-1, but that's not the story, right? The real story is that there's a new team with a new home with new fans, right? No, I think the real story is that they're not really good. Now, the facility and everything behind the scenes, that's top notch.

Anywhoo, that was my Thursday. I'll be back with the Nats again tonight, so maybe I'll actually shoot some game action.








4 comments:

Ben Bipes said...

Great photos, despite your lack of sleep! Too bad you have to shoot baseball at all, especially for a bad team with like 30 fans, it seems.

ivester said...

Unfortunately, that frame didn't really show the fans. There 7,820 fans at the game.

And thanks for the compliment. I slept MUCH more last night after getting home and watching The Office.

Mark Buffalo said...

Jason, nice shots. I love the kid wading in the water.

The ballpark looks nice but it isn't as nice as Dickey-Stephens Park in NLR but, of course, I'm biased since I also work for Stephens Media, like Z and Marc!

Take care

Mark

Z-Man said...

Great stuff, but Sarah so shot Copeland's/Homer's Bait Shop last time the White River flooded...Just Kidding... I shot it... seriously... but hey I stole your photo from the balcony at the Naturals so I guess were even.