Saturday, October 25, 2008

Almost...

Well, with this being my first Saturday starting a new week, it was an odd day. I had difficulties keeping in the back of my mind that I wouldn't be off on Monday.

Started the day with an armed truck robbery. We had minimal information, but luckily, we were able to track down the truck. And I pulled off a basic image, but it was enough to compliment the story, I suppose.

Then the bulk of my day was dedicated to the Arkansas vs Ole Miss football game. The game marked Houston Nutt's return to Fayetteville where he served as head coach for the past 10 years (I think).

What, for the most part, was a lack-luster game between the Razorbacks and Rebels turned into one of the most crazy endings I've ever had the opportunity to cover. After the Rebels took a 23-14 lead with about 2 minutes remaining -- and no timeouts for the Hogs -- Arkansas didn't give up. A late touchdown (with about 1:30 left) made the score 23-21 and they were forced to attempt an onsides kick. Despite pulling off the improbable and recovering said kick, the Razorbacks were unable to capitalize with the winning score and Nutt returned to Fayetteville to collect his first win against his former squad.

Overall, I felt like I had a decent shooting night.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Is that the driver of the armored truck? He looks so dejected. Since I moved this weekend, I'm a little behind on my newspaper reading. Did they catch whoever robbed the truck?

Anonymous said...

I retract my previous comments. It was obviously an act. LOL.