Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Murderous return to work

I returned to work with my first day back since Dan Hale's departure and the first day on the job with our new photographer, Will Moore. I'll definitely miss Dan and Amelia, but I'm glad to have Will on board.

Started the day in the Washington County Courthouse for a jury selection for a murder trial. Jerry Donald Sykes, 55, is accused of capital murder, kidnapping, robbery and theft in connection with the death of his 56-year-old girlfriend, Sandra Stokes, on March 2, 2007. Read more here. The jury selection took very little time and they quickly moved into the trial.

After some lunch, I moved over to campus to work a portrait of Catherine White, a runner for the UA cross country team. With rain outside and very little time to work, I had to make do with the environment I was given.

Then I went over to indoor tennis facility to get some shots of No. 1 player, Blake Strode (pictured on the right of the frame).




1 comment:

Andy Shupe said...

Jason, I REALLY like the shot of Blake Strode.