Saturday, October 11, 2008

My wiener is better than yours

Today I got to shoot something I've wanted to shoot for years but have never had the opportunity.

As most of my readers know, I have a dachshund, Molly, and my parents have had dachshunds since before I came around. So I have a little bias in thinking these are the best canines in the world.

The Bella Vista Animal Shelter hosted their second annual Wiener Takes All wiener dog races today. The proceeds went to benefit the shelter.

The races (12 of them in all before the "championship" races) ran about 6 or 7 badger dogs at a time. Now, when I say ran, that doesn't necessarily define ALL of the participants making their way to the finish line. In every race that I watched, only about 3 or 4 max actually ran towards the line. The rest -- in some cases all but one -- meandered around the start line or chased one another in circles. Pretty much the funniest and most fun assignment I've had in quite some time.










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! These are awesome! I like the first one in particular. It made me smile.

Andy Shupe said...

The fastest wiener is not always the best wiener...

Ben Bipes said...

2nd Shot from the Bottom: funny stuff...looks like the tan one is about to flip head over heals.

Great work as always, Jase.

Brooke Walker said...

These pictures are great. The 2nd adn 3rd pictures are of me and my Lola. She was giving it her all. Thanks for capturing these shots. What kind of Camera do you have? Looking for new one for a beginner photographer!!

Tracie Faust said...

holy god..you must have been in heaven...

Z-Man said...

I love weiners! I also post a photo of a weiner on my blog. It's not an action shot of a weiner like your though. It is just a limp weiner in a chair in Helena.

Z-Man said...

Oops! I meant "wiener" not "weiner"!