Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Basketball? Already?

Today (Monday) started off on the wrong foot. Well, actually, the day started off great, but that wasn't part of the work day. But the work day, on the other hand, started with an assignment at the Union on the UA campus. I got there about 5 min. early. Unfortunately, I'm guessing they forgot to acknowledge daylight savings time because they started an hour earlier than advertised and were finished by the time I got there. So to compensate, I found another piece of enterprise art out front of the Union of students passing out free yearbooks.

Following that, I went over to the Walton Arts Center for a portrait.

Then, stuck trying to find another piece of enterprise art, I resorted in going back to campus to try to make something out of the colorful leaves along Maple (no pun intended) Street.

And finally my day ended with Hogs basketball. Yes, that's right. I said basketball. No, you don't need to check your calendar. It is the first week of November. Seriously? Has basketball season always started this early?

Anywho, the Hogs hosted Campbellsville University for an exhibition game. This was an interesting evening of shooting. New lights have been installed in Bud Walton Arena and available light is MUCH better than before. Normally, this is a photographer's wish. Unfortunately, however, this causes problems for those of us shooting on strobes as getting the strobe light over ambient is tougher. So I ended up spending over half the evening making exposure adjustments. Oh well, I'll work some more on that later, I suppose.

On a lighter (once again, no pun intended) note, head coach John Pelphrey reminded me why I LOVE shooting Hogs basketball. His animation throughout every contest is a photographer's dream.





1 comment:

Andy Shupe said...

He is a pleasure, isn't he? He sort of looks like someone on the front row of a Ratt concert.