Sunday, November 23, 2008

Boring drive

I only had one assignment today -- travel up to Springfield, Mo., to cover the Razorbacks basketball team against Missouri State. And let me just add that the drive there (about 2 hours one way) is a boring drive with NOTHING between here and there.

The Hogs lost a tight one to the Bears, 62-57. But, to find a bright spot on the evening, I felt like I came away with some decent frames. And, if nothing else, head coach John Pelphrey still adds the fun that photographers love. And he picked up a technical foul less than five minutes into the contest.

And for all you photo nerds out there reading, this arena had some super sweet light. This was the first game in the new JQH Arena in Springfield, Mo. I shot the game with settings of 800ISO, 1/500th sec @ f/3.2. I just popped a custom white balance before the tip and everything came out beautiful (if I do say so, myself). It's a rather small arena, but quite possibly the best available basketball light I've ever shot under.






2 comments:

Ben Bipes said...

No comments on the stomping State gave Carolina this weekend?!?

Com'on

The Great Depression said...

Pelphrey is truly a mad man is he not?