Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Two days full of misses

For those that have been complaining about missing blog posts (yes, I'm talking to you, Beth), I'm back. I had a four-day weekend so I didn't have any new photos to post. And I was very rushed after work yesterday, so I'm posting today for both days.

Unfortunately, both days provided several missed opportunities that seemed better before I got there. I started off Monday rushing over to Farmington HS after hearing of a fire over the scanner. Units from four different stations were responding, so it had to be something big. Right? Nope. Turns out someone set fire to a toilet paper roll in one of the stalls in the boys bathroom.

After the blaze (or lack thereof), I went to UA campus for the International Education Week Bazaar. This actually provided for one of the not-misses on the two days.

And finally for Monday took me to a press conference for UAMS. Enough said.

I started Tuesday at Elmdale Elementary School in Springdale where Gov. Mike Beebe was scheduled to visit. I know what you're thinking. Governor at an elementary school? That's gotta be fun art with him interacting with the kiddies. Nope. There was zero, zilch, nada interaction with the students. I didn't know until I got there that his visit was not intended to be with students.

I was scheduled to go back to UA campus following the fun with the governor but I got called to drive directly to Fort Smith as the feds were raiding properties owned by Tony Alamo Christian Church. This gave me the final miss on the two-day span. All the raids happened WAY before I got there and they all turned up nothing.

Here's hoping tomorrow (my Friday) turns a little more productivity.





1 comment:

Marc F. Henning said...

gotta love the news biz. fires, foreigners, governors and child molesters. is there a better way to spend two days and two tanks of gas. :)