Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nice cock you got there...

So I traveled with the Piggies to Columbia, S.C. to cover their game against the Cocks.

Unfortunately for the Hogs, the score did not favor them. A 34-21 loss puts the Razorbacks in a must-win-the-last-two-games situation to become bowl eligible. OK, yeah, I can't even type that without laughing.

Let me just say. This stadium, Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, is the worst stadium I've ever shot. First of all, the end zones back right up to bushes, so there's NO shooting from the back of the end zone. Second, what sidelines are there, are crowded by people that have no business being on the field. Third, every so often, a random photographer would just stand up and walk right down the line in front of other photographers TRYING to do their job. And fourth, the shadow created by the press box is a mother ^%$&^&. OK, I'm done with my rant.

The first frame posted is from a fight that broke out near the end of the contest. One player from USC was ejected.

Overall, I felt comfortable with the stuff I got from the game. An unexpected surprise during the game was the appearance of Olympic gold-medalist Michael Phelps (next to the last frame posted).

And the last frame is just a "Hey, that's a nice cock you've got there." Enjoy.










3 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

Isn't that place a pain? It's probably the most difficult place to shoot in that I've ever been to.

Dawn said...

Still, great photos.
I've never been that great at shooting sports (from that photojournalism 101 class)---and I can't imagine trying to do it in such a bad stadium.

I've really enjoyed your blog. I like the leaf photos as well.

Stop by and visit my blog if you get a chance.
www.noveltrails.blogspot.com

Ben Bipes said...

"That's what she said."