Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fishin' up some photos

I only had one assignment today. I went to Hickory Creek Marina on Beaver Lake to cover the Central Junior High School Fishing Club participating in their annual striper fishing tournament, the 19th annual Ann Martin Memorial Striper Tournament. These kids pulled in a few very nice stripers -- the biggest being 15lb, 2oz.

And after that, I drove around Tontitown for almost an hour trying to track down a fire I heard over the scanner. After driving aimlessly with no visible signs of smoke from over the horizon, I bailed on the search.

Then I went up to Bentonville to just grab a quick shot of the lowest petrol price I've seen in the area (it was $1.49/gallon on Sunday at this location) just in case we needed to run a fuel price story. Who knows if it will see the ink on the page.





2 comments:

The Great Depression said...

That little old man looks like he's giving his wife what-for. There is actually a station right off the interstate on exit 86 (a Phillips-McD's) that has $1.48 gas.

Ben Bipes said...

Last shot of the fish net...sweet.

And I filled my car up for under $20 for the first time in a LOOONNGGG time yesterday.