Saturday, March 8, 2008

A couple speakers and some baseball

Today (yeah, this was supposed to be posted on Friday) took me to see two podium speakers and a baseball game.

The first of the two speakers was Frank Abagnale. He's a former con-artist (and the inspiration for the film Catch Me If You Can) that gave advice on protecting yourself from identity theft.

After Mr. Abagnale's deal, I had to cover baseball - my first baseball game since coming to Arkansas. I've said this before and I'll say it again; there should be a law against baseball starting this early in the year. If a game can be canceled due to snow in the South (and one was earlier this week), then it's too frickin' early to start playing baseball. But I digress.

And finally on the evening, CNN's Anderson Cooper came to speak at the university as part of their Distinguished Lecture Series. I always remember watching Anderson Cooper on Channel 1 back in junior high/high school. Channel 1 was a news show that they showed at schools across the country (it wasn't a real channel that you could get at home).

2 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

If we could only play baseball all year long...

ivester said...

They pretty much do play baseball all year, don't they?

I think baseball only has a two-week off season.