Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just Another Wednesday

I started out the day wild-art hunting. So I went to you-know-where, the Jones Center. I'm beginning to think I need to start going somewhere else. Anywhoo, when I get there, I quickly find out that all of the recreational facilities are closed. Apparently, twice a year (once after Spring Break and the other after kids return to school), the center has "maintenance week" where they simply take care of all necessary maintenance to keep the center running smoothly. So I made a photo of some guys cleaning the walking track.

Afterwards, I had to go get a portrait/interview shots of Steve Clark who may be running for mayor of Fayetteville. Mr. Clark, from what I understand, is the former Ark. Attorney General. However, he was forced to resign after being convicted of using a state-issued credit card to purchase a lavish lifestyle for himself. And now those charges have been expunged and he can run for office again. OK.... Nice guy, though. I enjoyed meeting with him.

And lastly came the worst part of my day. It's assignments like this that I have to do; not want to do. They're some of the most difficult. Adam Wallworth and I had to go to a home in Bentonville that caught fire early Tuesday morning to get shots of friends/family leaving a memorial on the front porch. A horrible blaze unfortunately claimed the lives of five young sisters asleep on the second floor of the home.



3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

was yesterday wednesday? am i sure today is thursday? after two weeks on the road my inner calendar is so screwed up. today feels like it should be a monday. thank god tomorrow's friday....which is really my thursday. god help me!

Z-Man said...

Next time try Murphy Park in Springdale for features. It is a "honey-hole" of features rarely photographed or seen in the local papers.
;)

Andy Shupe said...

Sad story about the Bentonville fire. Good image, too, my friend.