Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tickets and some dancin'

Alrighty, I started off today at the Arvest Ballpark (future home of the Northwest Arkansas Naturals). Today was the first day tickets went on sale for individual games. To be quite honest with you, I went there not really expecting any more than about 10 or 12 in line. But there were actually around 50 or so there freezing their a$$es off waiting in line for baseball tickets. Let's not forget also that there technically isn't even a team yet.

Of course while I was there I had to shoot some of the stadium construction as well. I mean, come on, I haven't shot construction there in almost a week. :)

After all the fun of shooting a non-existent baseball team, I went wild-art hunting again. And I lucked into some dancing Native Americans at the Fayetteville Library. Probably the most fun part of this was getting the gentleman's name from the Oklahoma Fancy Dancers. I had to keep myself from snickering when he told me Zack Morris.

4 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

There's a minor league ballpark? In Springdale? Really? Have we had anything on that yet?

ivester said...

Yeah, Shuperman. I was amazed to see this thing as well. Come to find out it's only about 1.5 miles from my home. I can't believe I had never heard of this thing. We may wanna see if we can get a story on this stadium (and potential team).

Andy Shupe said...

70 home games, though, may save us from scramble golf and Legion baseball.

dan hale said...

...we should go by and get a shot of the stadium construction...

d