Friday, March 21, 2008

All women's sports all the time

With my co-worker Mike Woods in Raleigh covering some other sport, I stayed in town to cover the better sports. Yeah, just go with it.

I had some softball first -- Arkansas vs. Tennessee. I don't follow softball, but I looked at the team's records before the game and it appeared that Tennessee was the much better team. So when I got this shot at the plate I figured I was done. WRONG. The Lady'Backs hit a grand slam (while I was editing, so I didn't get that shot), so I went back to the car to get my camera gear and got back just in time to get the winning pitcher getting all jolly from her win.

Afterwards, I walked about 100 yards to Barnhill Arena to cover gymnastics against Michigan State. I've never really got anything great from gymnastics; I've always got the same crap (good enough). Tonight was no different.




3 comments:

Ben Bipes said...

Had tickets for all day yesterday. Watched the Razorbacks play and beat Indiana. Going to watch them beat the Tar Holes tomorrow!!! Go Arkansas!

Andy Shupe said...

I have a standing rule in the newsroom: I never work mornings and I never shoot gymnastics. I agree, there is not much there.

Marc F. Henning said...

nice softball photos. too bad the plate shot wasn't the gamer.

several words come to mind in regards to that first gymnastics photo....but crap isn't one of them. :-)