Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day full of track and baseball

Well, today was all sports all the time pour moi. I had the second (and final) day of the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships throughout the entire day. And in the middle I fit in a little baseball game between the Hogs and Georgia.

Despite how much I LOVE baseball (and anyone who knows me, knows the sarcasm there), this was actually an interesting game to cover. When I got there in the second inning, the Hogs were already on top 4-0 and later increased their lead to 10-1. Most would consider this game in hand. And I would be in this "most" as I started devoting all my shooting to Arkansas doing good things and celebrating, etc. WRONG! Somehow, they managed to totally f*#@ everything and lose 15-11! An impressive 12 unanswered runs from the Dawgs came out of virtually nowhere.

Good thing the Razorbacks won in basketball because the losing continued in track. The only bright spot for Arkansas was a win in the triple jump from Nkosinza Balumbu (yeah, that's a fun name to write in cutlines). Arizona State claimed the national championship in BOTH men's and women's.

All in all, it was a busy day, but a fun day.




2 comments:

Andy Shupe said...

I was so excited to see the Hogs winning 10-1 because I thought I could go and sleep off this flu or whatever it is that I have. Having to return to sit in the cold some more after they blew their lead was not fun.

Ben Bipes said...

Mmmm, track. Thank you for runners.

Nice work, Jase!