Wednesday, March 19, 2008

HOLY WEEK, BATMAN!

I started out early this morning down in West Fork. During yesterday's torrential downpour, a pickup truck got washed into an overflowing creek. The driver got out and went to a neighbor to borrow a John Deere tractor to get his truck out. Well that was the last time the man was seen (as this is being written). And today the swift water rescue team went into the creek to search for the man.

Later I went to St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Fayetteville (seems like I was just there). This assignment was definitely a first for me. As part of Holy Week, the church invited homeless people in to wash their feet. Ummmm, yeah. That's pretty much all I have to say about this shoot.

Afterwards, I went to Walker Park. I figured that considering my skateboarding photo from last week (posted earlier on this blog) never saw print, then I had carte blanche at playing with some shadows again (and yes at the same location).

Following the fun with the kids and their hoops, I went to shoot a portrait of a painter. This is not posted here as I haven't done my editing yet. I may get it up later. But I doubt it.



3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

you got to shoot photos of homeless people getting their feet washed? dude! here i am stuck in N.C. having to shoot some stupid basketball game. i'm totally jealous. :-)

Andy Shupe said...

Looks like a long day to me, man.

ivester said...

Meh, it wasn't a terribly long day. I didn't have much free time, but I didn't really put in any overtime either.