Thursday, March 6, 2008

Flying paper and speeding cars

Today's first assignment took me Eastside Elementary School in Rogers.

To break it down without getting into extensive (and mostly irrelevant) details, the kids had a paper airplane contest. This was pretty fun...I guess. It wasn't extremely exciting and I made about the best art I could out of it (which isn't really saying much).

Later, while I'm at a business assignment, my photo editor calls me to alert me to a high-speed chase that just ended about two miles from the assignment I'm shooting. So, I says I'm pretty much finished up, I'll go check it out. From what I understand, police started chasing this guy in this pickup in Bethel Heights (which is north of Springdale). The chase ensued through Springdale and ended in front of Lake Fayetteville. During the chase, apparently, the guy blew out his front left tire and continued on the rim for a few miles. Unfortunately, the driver had already been taken away when I got there, but I got this frame of one of the passengers being handcuffed.

No comments: